Soccer is a team sport that takes place between two teams of 11 players each. Football has been played by 250 million players in more than 200 countries around the world and is considered to be the most popular sport. Soccer is played on a rectangular field with two pitches on either side. The aim of the game is to score goals by kicking the ball into the goal.
1. The Rules
Whether you want to play Online Soccer Manager as a beginner or play the actual game, getting to grips with the rules of the game is key to understanding it.
- The goalkeeper is considered to be the only player in the match who is allowed to touch the ball with both hands or arms but has to be inside the goal box.
- Non-goalkeeper players use their legs to attack or pass the ball and can also use their head to hit the ball.
- The team that scores the most goals win.
- If the two teams scored equal goals at the end of the match, the result of the match is either a draw or subject to extra time and/or penalties which will be the deciding factor of who the winning team is. This depends on the tournament.
- England’s Football Rules were drafted by the FA in 1863. The FIFA World Cup is organized every four years and is the most important international tournament.
2. The Field
The football stadium length is determined by the use of the imperial standard units, which were developed in England by the four British unions within the International Federation Council. Current laws have replaced the dimensions appropriately for modern stadiums. The dimensions of the stadiums have been measured in metric terms until they have taken their current form, although in English-speaking towns the public tends to use traditional stadiums like Britain.
The stadium where the official matches are held is between 100 and 110 meters (110-120 yards) and the width is between 64 and 75 (70-80 yards). The stadiums with no official matches are between 90 and 120 meters (100-130 yards) and 45-90 meters (50-100 yards), provided that the stadium is not square. In 2008, the International Federation Council amended the size of the stadium to 105 m (344 ft) and 68 m (223 ft) in length to allow for official championships. However, this decision was placed on the waiting list and never implemented.
The longest lines are the contact lines, and the shortest lines are the lines of the goal. A rectangular goal box is placed in the center of each goal line. The distance between the vertical stands is 7.32 meters (8 yards) and the height of the horizontal beam from the ground is 2.44 meters (8 feet). A net is fixed behind each goal, but there is no fixed rule stating that this is compulsory. The penalty area is situated right in front of the goal box and is determined by lines of the goal and extends from the last line up to 16.5 meters (18 yards) perpendicular to the pitch, also connecting a horizontal line. This area has a number of functions, most notably the area that allows the guard inside to use his hands. They are also used for goal strikes, penalty shootouts, and penalties.
Now that you know a bit about the intricacies of the game – why not give Online Soccer Manager a shot, or join you local soccer club and start playing this exciting game today.